Monday, April 30, 2012

2 months later

For my birthday back in February Connie bought me a ticket to go see Florence and the Machine in concert. Now lest you think I am really into the music scene let me assure you that I know next to nothing about music that has been made since William was born. I love listening to music, but it is something that not only got put on the back burner when I had children, it was taken off the stove entirely. My only exposure is the mixed CD's Connie makes me (bless her heart) and some that I have gotten from Brett and Natasha. Both have provided me with great tunes. One of Connie's CD's had two Florence and the Machine songs and I loved them. So when Connie told me she was coming and asked if that is what I wanted for my birthday I said yes and have been anxiously awaiting the day since then.
We started the night off with dinner and Cibo 

Waiting for a table
Deciding what to order. This is always really hard for me. I have gotten better since I was younger, but it is still hard for me and kinda gives me anxiety.

I really liked all the art work at the restaurant.

I took a picture of the appetizer and the dessert but not the pizza. All of it was delicious and why do I love taking pictures of food? Because I love food.

There is ice cream in those crepes. mmmmm crepes

At the show. I liked seeing all the different people that came to the show. Connie over heard a lady with a squeaky voice say, "everyone is just so hip". It was true, well mostly anyways.
The stage was beautiful and she came out and from the moment she was in view it was magic.

(doesn't she sort of remind you of Ysma in this picture?)
I loved every second of the show (except when the lady in front of me started swirling her cup of beer around over her head, if she spilled it on me I would have been an.gry. I hate the smell of beer).

I love Florence because her costumes are awesome and she was barefoot and she would spin around the stage and she performed her songs in such a way that I felt like I was hearing them for the first time. It was THE best live performance I have ever been to.

I got home feeling tired (sign I am getting older) and so great. I feel like in another life I would like to have been her. Don't get me wrong, I love my life. I guess I should say if I was a professional musician I would be a lot like her. I have had her music running through my head ever since the show. It just won't leave my head and I don't mind one bit.
Amazon is having a sale on her last album and it is only $4.99. You can buy is here and also listen to a sample of all the songs.
Also there are some youtube videos of her sing live with only a harp and a guitar and I think they are amazing! wonderful! beautiful! And if you watch them you will here her speaking voice which is equally as beautiful as her singing voice. Did I mention I love her? (Gracie just informed me that she loves her too).
Okay I am done.

2 comments:

  1. I told you Gracie would have loved the concert as well. I really do wish she could have come with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cibo is my faaaavorite. And I love that appetizer- we always get it and then we're ALMOST too full to eat dinner. And dessert.

    And now I'm hungry, thanks.

    Unrelated- I don't see your email anywhere on here, but could you email me? I have a question for you! Kayla@frecklesinapril.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...